Vegetable Links & References
- The California Garden Web - A web portal for University of California's vast collection of research-based information about gardening to the public.
- Biointensive Sustainable Min-Farming This mini-handbook by Margo Royo-Miller is an excellent introduction to the Biointensive method, with lots of basic info on soil preparation, composting, carbon farming and companion planting.
- Resource Guide to Organic and Sustainable Vegetable Production by ATTRA, geared for the market farmer.
- Territorial Seeds Growing Guides - A great reference that lists detailed information by crop, including sowing and cultivating instructions, pests, and harvest info.
- Seed Planting Instructions from Siskiyou Seeds - Helpful info and chart on sowing seeds, based in the Applegate Valley of Southern Oregon, so it's very relevant to our area.
Extending the Season
- Building a Cold Frame is a great pamphlet by Karen Wortman of Hidden Springs Farms that walks you through the process, it's easy!
Season Extension Techniques for Market Gardeners is a good overview of the use of row covers, mulches, hop tunnels and greenhouses to extend the season.